To Apply for a Russian Student Visa
Full information on Russian visa requirements can be obtained from the Russian Embassy/ Consulate/ Visa Application Centre at your home country.
The sample instructions for the visa application procedure can be found below:
- Applications must first be made online to the Russian Visa Application Centre in your country. A printed copy of the online application should then be submitted separately either by post or in person together with all necessary documents and payment. Please check the relevant list of the required documents on the Russian Visa Centre website.
- Students should complete the student visa online application form. Apply for a SINGLE ENTRY STUDENT VISA for the period stated on the official invitation from the Yaroslavl Migration Service Agency, which is 90 days (see below for more information).
- Once you have arrived in Russia and are registered in Yaroslavl (InTC will help you with that), we will extend your three month visa to a multi-entry visa if your study period is for more than three months. This visa will last until the end of your study in Yaroslavl. It will allow you to leave The Russian Federation and re-enter at a time of your choice if necessary.
- InTC will obtain the official invitation letter for you from the local Migration Service Agency. You should send a passport photocopy with the personal details. InTC will forward the official invitation letter to the student by e-mail or if necessary by express mail. It normally takes about 4-5 weeks for InTC to obtain the invitation letter after receiving the passport details.
- Students should note the requirement to submit an HIV Test (AIDS) certificate with their visa application. This is obtained by having a negative HIV test at your local doctor's surgery. Details of the period of validity of the HIV test certificate can be found on the Russian Visa Centre website. On receipt of the negative result you will receive a results page. It is necessary to then request a letter written by your doctor saying you are HIV negative. This serves as the certificate. It is necessary to send both the results page and the letter from your doctor off with your visa application. It is important to note that these should only be obtained shortly before submitting the visa application, as the Russian Visa Application Centre will only accept a certificate taken in the last three months.
- In addition, on entering the The Russian Federation, it is also necessary to have a HIV negative certificate with you. This certificate, however, should be obtained no more than ONE month before your travel, unlike the HIV certificate for your visa application. Therefore unless you time things exactly right you will need to acquire two HIV certificates.